- Links to Other Organizations
New Opportunities for Women (NOW) Canada Society
Programs for Sexually Exploited Female Youth:
Residential Safe Home Program - transitional housing for female youth with, or without, children;
Client Support Program - one-on-one support and ongoing needs assessment, 24-hour emergency pager, opportunity to participate in Trauma Therapy;
ASK Learning Centre - A three-month life skills day program;
Next Step Program - Work experience and a back to school/work component;
Follow Care Program - Client-initiated support provided on a declining basis, helping participants become fully independent;
NOW Place Apartments - Subsidized, transitional independent living for the society's program graduates and women from the community who are in need with, or without, children.
CAP sites are available for free computer and internet access.
Sexual exploitation of youth is against the law! In Canada, anyone under the age of 18 cannot consent to sell their body for sexual purposes. Sexual exploitation is a form of sexual abuse, and is never the fault of the young person involved.
- provides charitable institutional resources for the empowerment, education and recovery of former prostitutes, prostitutes and other sex trade workers;
- to provide, through charitable educational and counselling services, alternatives to prostitution and participation in the sexual trades;
- to solicit, collect, receive, acquire, hold and invest money and property, both real and personal, received by gift, contributing, bequest devised, or others; to sell and convert property, both real and personal, into cash; and to use the funds of this Society, in furtherance of the specific and primary purposes set forth above;
- to do all such things as may be necessary or conducive to the attainment of the aforesaid objects; and
- to operate exclusively for charitable purposes within Canada.